2.22.2012

CHARACTER TRAITS

We have just finished up an extended study on character traits.  I had seen an anchor chart similar to this one on Pinterest.  I made this one with my classes, and it seemed to make all the difference in the world.  I don't know why...I have made anchor charts in the past with my kids, but for some reason they seem to pay attention to this one with the character drawn on it.  I usually try to make my anchor charts colorful, but this one seemed to be the one they liked best of all.  I guess I need to continue drawing on all of my anchor charts!!!  LOL!!

Today has been a kinda tough day.  I have a student teacher, and she has taken over the teaching of all my classes.  She is doing a phenomenal job, but it gets hard to sit and not teach!  I am trying to find things to do to keep me busy, but it sure gets hard.  When you have been teaching as long as I have, it is REALLY hard not to be the teacher!!  Laura is doing a great job with the kids and teaching the lessons, so that makes it a little easier to sit and watch!  She will be GREAT when she gets her own classroom, and I love having her in my class!  I think maybe it is time to start pulling things out of my closets, taking them to the hall, and sorting through them....keep busy....   :)

2 comments:

  1. I had a great time interning in your class!! I feel truly blessed to have been assigned to such a wonderful teacher. You opened up your classroom to me and made me feel at home. I feel prepared to take on the education world after having been in your class. I will never forget this awesome experience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Laura! It was a joy having you in my class, even if it was hard to sit and not teach!! :) You are going to be a great teacher when you get your own classroom! The kids will love being in your class and will be lucky to have you. :)

      Delete